We are Peacemakers!

Is it just me or did this weekend seem to fly by?  I was very busy and today has been the first day since Friday I have had the chance to sit at my computer for more than five minutes.  Which is fortunate since I have a lot of work to do tonight. ;)

On Friday, my little kindergarten friends made their very own Davids from the stories "No David" and "David goes to School" by David Shannon.  I used Julie Lee's I am a Peacemaker unit for this activity.    As I was hanging the Davids in the hallway today I was so impressed by how well this group did especially considering it was the second day of school.  Take a look.



Today we reviewed again what it means to be a peacemaker and a peacebreaker.  I made posters using Julie Lee's unit as well.  The only thing I did differently was I added smiley faces next to the Peacemaker heading and sad faces next to the Peacebreaker heading.  The students were getting confused and as soon as I added those faces it was easier for them.  I unfortunately forgot to take a picture of my signs today (I blame "beginning of year" brain.......which means my brain is mush most days!).

Now we will be concentrating on names for the rest of the week.  Next week we start our color unit!

No comments